Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Aki Pan Cake Super Tanker-Breakfast or Tea Time-Penang Bayan Lepas

If you stay somewhere near Sungai Nibong or working in Bayan Lepas Industrial Park, then you might familiar with Super Tanker Food Court (non-halal). This food court is offering various choice of local food, especially night time. It is within walking distance (10-15 mins without luggage) from Sungai Nibong Bus Terminal. 

Overhere, I would like to share one of the popular food stall in Super Tanker Food Court- Aki Pan Cake. In my memory, the local Chinese pan cake is just a simple combination of flour with peanut, sugar and corn as ingredients. Of course this is my childhood memory and being verified as outdated concept after met the Aki Pan Cake.



I used to take my meal in Super Tanker after work and noticed that there was always lot of people surrounding the Aki Pan Cake stall, stand and wait for their order to be processed. Due to my strong curiosity, I decided to give it a try.

I was so surprise when I looked at the menu board. Guess how many choices of the pan cake offered? Around 100!! (I believe I count correctly). The pancake could be as simple as just contain peanut and sugar, or add in banana, or come with ham and sausage, or add in coconut or raisin and etc. Too many combinations. Due to the menu board is listed with the price, after my consideration, I decided not to post it out. But I can tell you the price is ranging from RM1.00 to RM6.20 per piece, depending on your order. 


After screen through the menu, I ordered the banana pan cake, because I love banana..haha.. I was waiting around 10 mins for my order to be processed. If after school time, you might need to wait for longer time. Oops, forget to inform that it is self service stall where you need to collect the pancake at counter instead of they serve you on your dining table.


This is my banana pancake in plastic bag. You could bring along your own container if not easy with the plastic bag. When I brought back the pancake and opened it out...wow..a lot of banana inside the pancake!!

Banana Pancake at RM1.80/pc

The banana pancake cost me RM1.80 per piece. Not really economic but I think it is worth, since the ingredient is a lot. In terms of the taste, of course delicious. The pancake 'skin' was crunchy and not overcooked. The thickness of pancake skin is just nice. I do not like something with thick skin, look like eating the flour rather than the content.

I'll continue to test other choice of Aki Pancake and post it out as your reference. But it definitely worth to give it a try. Enjoy!

Related Post
Tang Bo Fu-Tea Time-Penang Farlim

No comments:

Post a Comment