Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fa Guo San(花果山)-Tea Time-Penang Ayer Itam

If you did followed my previous post that share about my experience in Tang Bo Fu, then possibly you will still remember the All Seasons Place in Ayer Itam where the Tang Bo Fu located. All Seasons Place is the first retail lifestyle 'strip mall' in Penang. Almost 70% to 80% of the shop lots are restaurant and cafe. Of course, Fa Guo San is one of it.

Fa Guo San (Front View)
The name 'Fa Guo San' might not be meaningful unless you know about the Chinese fiction "Journey to the West'. The main character in the fiction, the 'Monkey King' is from Fa Guo San. So, when I noticed the cafe name at first time, I was so curious and would like to give it a try.  

I visited Fa Guo San around 3pm on Sunday. Although we had made reservation but there was not much customer on that moment. After flip through the menu, we noticed that the dessert offered is quite unique and have a nice look. Since we still full after lunch, so we only ordered two desserts and one drink. While waiting for desserts to be served, we just enjoy ourselves with snap shot on cafe design.

Fa Guo San Logo





Few minutes later, our drink was served. The drink is called Mix Fresh Fruit Soda (活力水果苏打). As described in the name, it is soda drinks with mix fruits such as strawberry, apple, grapes, lemon and etc. A bit sour taste but it is nice especially when you are thirsty.

Mix Fruit Fresh Soda (活力水果苏打) - RM 6.90
After a while, our target for the visit was served - the Cheese Cup. Before I paid my visit, I did explore website related to Fa Guo San, and suprisingly I noticed majority of the sharing was on the 'flower pot'. Although it was stated as dessert but I truly attracted by this flower pot and would like to check it out by my own.

Vanilla White Chocolate Crumble Cheese Cup (香草白巧克力香脆起司杯) - RM 11.90
The favour we ordered was Vanilla White Chocolate Crumble Cheese Cup (香草白巧克力香脆起司杯). The portion was not big, just like small flower pot. But the outlook really unique, if put aside then we possibly thought that it was just a display item.

Cheese Cup
Oh ya..the flower is for decoration only..cannot eat wor!! But whether the flower is real or artificial, then I leave it to you for your own discovery. Guess what the so called 'soil' made from?? It is the cheese cake with cocoa topping. Since I like cheese cake, the rich cheese taste make me love this dessert very much.

Our last order was waffle and the one we choose was Waffle with Mango & Ice-cream (芒果冰淇淋松饼).

Waffle with Mango & Ice-cream (芒果冰淇淋松饼) - RM 15.90
By looking at the picture,don't you think that it is tasty? I told you, it is really tasty if you like mango. The waffle's thickness was just nice. Frankly speaking, I'm not sure the correct way to taste this dessert, so I took it with my way. For each of my 'bite', I tasted the waffle with different combination, from the mango concentrate, to cream, ice-cream, mango cube and strawberry. Among the combination, I love the combination of waffle plus ice-cream.

Besides the items we ordered, Fa Guo San do offer Honey Toast, Panna Cotta, Sandwich, Chocolate Fondue, Milk Shake, Fruit Juice, Scented Tea, etc. We spent almost an hour in Fa Guo San and total expenses for two desserts plus one drink was at RM 38.15 included 10% service charges. It might not be cheap, but not expensive too. I would still recommend it for a try, at least on the cheese cup. Enjoy!


Related Post
All Season Places_Tang Bo Fu
Blooms Restaurant Set Lunch Penang Bayan Lepas

No comments:

Post a Comment